Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A piece of mind.....

Throughout my journey in life, I have met many interesting people, all with often quite inspiring stories. I won't lie, some I personally find inspiring because my life cannot even compare to things that these people have survived. Sometimes it even makes me sick to my stomach that I even pitied myself and thought that my life was tough...

I know that it wasn't easy, but man I had it pretty good. I had an education from the age 5, a warm bed to sleep in, and always knew that my next meal would always be there. Now to most people those are basic needs, however, I have met thousands, of kids, who live without at least one if not all, of three basic necessities. You can always make a difference, even if you start with one!

I urge you to go out into your community and educate yourself! As time is one of the most valuable assets we have, donate some of your time to making a difference locally!!! I can guarantee that it would be appreciated.

If you are interested, there are many areas that you can explore, such as youth care work, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, even volunteering at a place of your choosing. They all are eye opening experiences that if you ever have the courage to try, would give you a whole new appreciation for your life.

Life's tough, that famous cliche is often an accurate assessment. We will always be faced with challenging situations and those situations ask you "Are you gonna rise above, or throw in the towel?" The choice is yours, and guess what, so are the repercussions of our decisions. When look back at your life when your 80 what kind of legacy do you want to leave behind? When your ready write it down and keep it in a place where you can look at it whenever you want. After a long hard day, if you pull that paper out and read your legacy, I guarantee it will help you realize the big picture, and that it's never as bad as it seems. It could always be worse, and chances are someone in the world is experiencing it.

You only get one life, and I choose to make a difference with mine. I want to be the difference maker in personal and financial development!  We forget that as children we always dreamed big like nothing could stop us. Being an astronaut, or scientist, the sky was the limit. Then as you get older, things seem to get in the way. Mortgages, maybe kids, whatever it may be.... They are just challenges that can't stop, unless you let them.

The hard part is knowing what you want... when you know that, all you have to do is work towards it. Simple right? Well what are you waiting for you just made a breakthrough! You can't get what you want from just sitting there... so what's stopping you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Book "The Power of Being Positve" is now available

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.